New Life in Christ Weekender
A short reminder of events happening this weekend
[Scroll down for a list of events.]
Dear New Life in Christ Church Family,
A few things …
- We have a great start to missions month as we commit ourselves to be “The Generation that Seeks the Lord” and reach out cross –generationally even as we reach out cross-culturally. I have posted Pastor Doug’s newsletter article below.
- Don’t forget this is daylight savings weekend. Spring Forward. AN obvious tip for preparing for the Lord’s Day: Pretend like the time change goes into effect Saturday at 8 PM and go to bed a bit early. And when you are tired in the morning … remember you get to go to bed one hour earlier.
- We have a great Sunday to focus on Church Planting. Pastor Doug and I will try to present a compelling vision for reaching our region through church planting. I’ll be connecting our morning sermon with church planting, and in the evening we have Gordon Duncan and Leonard Bailey coming to speak as we celebrate the work of church planting in our region. Both were planted at this time of year (EGF was one year ago; HOC was 7 years ago).
See you Sunday.
Dear Brothers and Sisters in Christ,
This is the generation that seeks the Lord – Psalm 24:6
As Missions Month approaches we are much in prayer for our God to give us a vision for the world. More than half of the world’s population is under 30 years old. Our focus is not only on the ministry geographically but also generationally.
A global youth population, because of the electronic media, often has more in common with those from other nations than they do with the older generations in their own country. This generation is growing up in such a diverse culture that there is nothing to rebel against.
They see themselves as the establishment because marketing makes them feel that they are the most important people on earth. They are the best educated in history. Yet from Cairo to Tehran to New York and Fredericksburg this generation is having difficulty finding employment. Millennials, those born from 1984 have an unemployment rate of over 20%.
So why is this generation of 10-30 year olds the generation that will seek the Lord? Because they will either seek the Lord or they will be swept away with the tides of the culture. Either they will seek God and stand for Him or the spirit of the age will overcome them.
History is the Lord’s. The earth is firmly established on the Word of God and all those who dwell in this world are under His authority and will give an account to their creator.
Missions Month is a time to seek the Lord. Please prayerfully participate in this month as we seek to pray for and stimulate this generation to seek the lord
Faithfully yours in Christ,
- 9 AM – Women’s Breakfast (Missions Focus) – Karen Melnick, missionary with Friends of Russian Jewry will be the speaker. Come fellowship! Bring your daughter(s) and a dish to share.
- 10:00 AM – AM Praise Team Rehearsal
Sunday – Daylight Savings Begins (Spring Forward)
- 9 AM – Sunday School
- Combined Adult and Youth Class on Missions (meet in sanctuary)
- Children’s Sunday School
- Worship Service – 10 AM –Pastor Sean Preaching
- Young Adult Potluck – 1 PM
- Care Group Leaders Meeting – 4:30 PM
- Women’s Ministry Committee Meeting – 4:30 PM
- Evening Service – 6 PM – Celebration of Church Planting with Evident Grace Fellowship and Hope of Christ Church
- Reception with Evident Grace Fellowship and Hope of Christ Church – If you are willing to bring a finger food to share, sign up HERE.
- Junior and Senior High Youth OASIS Discipleship Groups – Sunday at 7 PM
- No Prayer Time this week
- College Drama Ministry – 7 PM