New Life in Christ Weekender
A short reminder of events happening this weekend
[Scroll down for a list of events this weekend.]
Dear New Life in Christ Church Family,
Lot’s of good stuff this weekend.
It’s an all-church workday. It’s opening day for the NLIC baseball. Our youth group will be hosting a dessert for their parents. The children will have their Drama in the Courtyard to show all they have learned this year.
On Sunday we get to continue our examination of Jesus’ life in the book of Matthew. The message I have heard recently have been very powerful.
Personally, I also have a great privilege to teach at a men’s retreat Thursday and Friday with New City Fellowship.
I look forward to worshipping together with you Sunday. See you soon.
Want to share your story of how NLIC has affected your life? Put it in our upcoming book on NLIC testimonies. You can find out how to contribute online by clicking here.
What I’m Reading
- Earthquake relief with Mission to the World (the PCA’s missions group). – How were MTW partners affected? The 7.8 earthquake struck during Saturday morning church services and eighteen died in one of our partner churches. Another partner church, though damaged itself, has become a temporarily shelter for 150 in the community.
- What happened on the same-sex marriage arguments on Tuesday? Here is one take on it. “It is Going to Be an Issue” — Supreme Court Argument on Same-Sex Marriage Puts Religious Liberty in the Crosshairs | Helpful summary of what happened at the Supreme Court yesterday and how it will affect religious liberty in our nation. Even the lawyers supporting the legalization of homosexual marriage admit that there will be challenges to religious liberty in our nation if the Supreme Court changes the definition of marriage.
- What Baltimore Needs
- College Students and the Church – Is there a waning commitment of twenty-somethings to the church?
- When you think of ethics in banking do you think of Calvinism? Someone in the Netherlands is. “Our Calvinist approach to life is that you have to work hard, to behave, be sensible about your money, and the [unethcial] culture in the financial system sort of floated away from that.” | I thought it was an interesting quote right in the middle of This Atlantic Article. Worldview does matter.
- Four Steps for Parenting by Grace by Jack Miller.
- Book: Words in Season by Leon Brown
- Book: To Tell the Truth: The Whole Gospel Wholly by Grace Communicated Truthfully & Lovingly by Will Metzger
- Youth Parent Night Dessert with Drama – all youth need to be at church at 1700 (5 pm) to prepare for the Drama/Desserton Friday. The actual event starts at 1830 (6:30pm). REMEMBER to bring a dessert to share!
- 9 AM – New Life in Christ Baseball League Opening Day
- 9 AM – All Church Work Day – All kinds of jobs are available, even a number of small jobs for whatever time you can arrive. We have outdoor work or painting inside for any amount of time you can make it. Contact: Craig Cuddy Want a break? Come and have a hot dog and watch some baseball!
- 10 AM – AM Praise Team Rehearsal
- 6 PM – Drama-in-the-Courtyard
- 9:00 AM – Children’s and Adult Sunday School Classes. Find out more about adult classes online here.
- 10:00 AM – AM Worship Service –Pastor Doug Preaching.
- 6:00 pm – Evening Service – Pastor Sean Preaching
- 7:00 pm –Junior/Senior High Youth Discipleship / OASIS
- 7:00 pm – Elder-led Prayer Time this week – Kim Lorei Leading