Focus for January: Perseverance
1 Cor. 9:24 “Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one receives the prize? So run that you may obtain it.”
- NLIC’s Annual Focus Day | January 28, 8:30am-12:30pm Reflect over the past year on the Lord’s blessings and express gratitude for what He has done through the various ministries of the church. Look ahead for how the Lord will bless us in the coming year. Join us for lunch to close our time together. There is a NEED OF ASSISTANCE TO SET UP on Friday and/or Saturday! Also, Please sign up to bring a dish to share – Contact: Sandy Cuddy
- WMC Nominations
The Women’s Ministry Committee is now accepting nominations through February 7 for Women’s Ministry Training. Please nominate your sisters in Christ and/or yourself for leadership training; self-referrals are encouraged!Training consists of eight monthly training sessions beginning in April. Sessions will be held on the second Saturday of each month from 10:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. Upon completion of training women are eligible, but not required, to serve on the Women’s Ministry Committee.Qualifications for nominationCovenant members over the age of 14 who demonstrate:
· Love for Jesus
· Dependence on the power of the gospel in her life
· A heart for women and New Life in Christ Church
Nominations may be placed in the offering plate, turned into the office, or emailed to Sarah Schroeder at email@example.com.
- Women’s Bible Study
Resolve to study God’s Word in 2017. We are meeting Tuesday mornings in Room 217 from 9:30-11:30 and studying Paul Miller’s interactive study: Grace Through the Eyes of Jesus. You will need to order the Participant Guide from Amazon. Questions? Contact: Karen Melnick or Heather O’Hara
- Pre-School Assistant Needed at Christ Covenant School
Christ Covenant School (CCS), a discipleship ministry of New Life In Christ Church, is seeking a volunteer to serve as a pre-school assistant on Tuesday mornings from 8:30-12:30, February through May. This is a fun and exciting way to serve our covenant children and assist our pre-school teacher, Ruth delos Santos. Our mission at CCS is to disciple covenant families who have a desire to be trained in a Biblical view of life and education and to be intimately involved in their children’s education. Contact: Barbara Plating | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ladies Restroom Please make mental note when in the restroom and remember to put all feminine products and wipes in the trash can and not in the toilets. Products being flushed in the toilets are causing plumbing issues. Thank you for your help!
WMC Question of the Month:
“Looking ahead to the new year, what are some strategies to help us persevere through difficult times?”
- Food Pantry
The food pantry needs soup and spaghetti! Any brand and size is fine. We are also in need of toiletry items (shampoo, conditioner, lotion, face soap) and hamburger/chicken/tuna helpers. Items can be dropped off in foyer in bin marked “Food Pantry.” Contact: Connie Both | email@example.com
- Fold Bulletins
Sign up to fold bulletins after 1pm on a Friday. Takes about 2hrs (faster if you bring a friend!) Contact: Dayra Rumbaugh | firstname.lastname@example.org
Have a ministry need, idea for an activity, or prayer request? You can reach us at email@example.com or find us on Facebook. Please don’t hesitate to contact us!
All for His glory,
The Women’s Ministry Committee
If you no longer wish to receive this email, please reply with “Unsubscribe” in the subject line.