Scroll down for current announcements.
a letter from a sister
“Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity!”
“From him the whole body, joined and held together by every supporting ligament, grows and builds itself up in love, as each part does its work.”
“There are different kinds of gifts, but the same Spirit distributes them. There are different kinds of service, but the same Lord. There are different kinds of working, but in all of them and in everyone it is the same God at work. ”
1 Cor. 12:4-6
Dear Sisters in Christ:
I want to share a quick note of encouragement of how these verses were on full display this past week at our beloved church home.
On Saturday, our church doors were open (as usual) and the place was hopping with LIFE…men’s breakfast, praise team rehearsal, marriage counseling, cantata rehearsal, etc. As I was leaving a rehearsal, a woman walked through our doors looking “for someone to talk to.” Discerning she may need financial help or perhaps a food basket, I took her to the office to see what assistance was available.
In the meantime, an elder and a deacon were at the church in Cantata rehearsal, and they were able to not only offer loving compassion and spot on financial advice, but shared with her the hope that can be found only in Christ.
Sunday, at morning services, she was warmly welcomed by our Greeting ministry, was connected with the office to receive a Bible, then connected with Christianity Explored, then spoke with a business owner for a potential job. She was invited to Saturday’s banquet, next week’s services (by multiple people). As I witnessed this, I was overwhelmed by the love of Christ being shown.
As I reflected on what I had just experienced, I counted at least 12 ministries that touched this one precious person’s life in a span of 4 hours.
I hope as you read this you can get a glimpse of how God is building His kingdom through our UNITY together. It was a blessing to see how God made all these marvelous connections, and the love and warmth shown to this dear woman. I am so thankful. Be encouraged that you are a part of something that is touching lives.
In this story, I see a piece of my own story. God, in His love and mercy, has shown His love for me through his people in countless, immeasurable ways. I cannot express fully my love and gratitude for being a part of this fellowship and to call you my family in Christ.
Blessings to you.
This was sent from a sister who felt that what she experienced was not only part of her story but yours as well. How have you seen or experienced the unity of the church? How have you found yourself a part of something bigger? Praise God for His faithfulness!
Stewardship Banquet, Saturday, January 25th at 6-8:30pm (doors open at 5:30pm)
Rejoice with thanksgiving for all God has done and is doing through NLICC. Pray for a shared vision and unity of our congregation.
Prayer Shower for Six(!) Expectant Moms February 8th (Women’s Prayer Breakfast)
- Rejoice with Amanda Oberlin, Cindy Hughes, Laura Heflin, Laura Scrivener, Jessie Whalen and Trina Ewing in expectation of covenant babies!
- Come for breakfast and fellowship – Don’t know the moms? A great reason to come meet them!
- Pray for the new lives even now as they are being formed, for their salvation, their families and for safe and healthy deliveries for each mother and child.
- No need to bring gifts (four of these are the families’ first babies so there will be baby showers as well)
- Children are welcome, we’d love to have them join in the prayer and expectation of babies!
- Sign up here if you are willing to help with breakfast.
- Let us know if there are other expectant moms we don’t know about firstname.lastname@example.org.
Office Help Needed – You can pick a day that works for you!
- Do you have a couple hours on a Friday afternoon you can spare? Sign up HERE to fold bulletins after 1pm some Friday. Takes about 1 1/2 – 2 hours (faster if you bring a friend!)
- Pam can also use some help collating, cutting and hole punching the updated directories the next two weeks. Sign up HERE.
Festival of the Arts – February 7th and 8th
All you artists (painters, photographers, graphic designers, sculptors, potters, etc.) remember the 5th Annual Festival of the Arts, February 7 & 8. Prepare your work for submission by Wednesday, February 5th. See flyer for details or contact Jonathan or Veronica Allison.
Women’s Ministry Committee Meeting, Sunday February 9th at 4:30pm in Room 217.
As our sister so aptly shared in her letter, we are blessed with a unity beyond our own doing. Praise God for His work in the hearts of our men and women. Hope to see you at the Stewardship Banquet Saturday evening.
in His grace,
for the Women’s Ministry Committee
If you are viewing this online and would like the Update emailed to you weekly/biweekly, drop a line to email@example.com.
Likewise, if you are receiving this email and are no longer desire to receive the Update, email firstname.lastname@example.org and put “Unsubscribe” in the subject line.