Focus for March: Missions
Mark 13:10 “And the gospel must first be proclaimed to all nations.”
Women’s Ministry Corner Update
by Sarah Schroeder
As we begin Missions Month and reflect on Mark 13:10, we are reminded that the gospel must be proclaimed to all nations. Our missionaries play a vital role in the proclamation of the gospel to the nations of our world. It is a mighty calling and they certainly covet our prayers as they seek to honor the Lord in their endeavors. However, this verse in Mark made me reflect on my own words and actions as well. How do I proclaim the gospel to those around me?
Sisters, God has brought you to a very specific place in life. How do you proclaim the gospel to those whom God has placed in your life? How do you proclaim the gospel to your family? Your friends? Your neighbors? Your co-workers? Do they see a reflection of His grace and love in your words and actions?
This month, consider inviting some of the women God has placed in your life to a service or event at New Life. There are a number of ways to get involved over the next month from the Ladies’ Missions Brunch on March 11th to the Women’s Bible Study starting on March 6th. Extend an invitation for the Missions Banquet on March 11th or the Super Sunday Evening Service on March 26th. There are so many ways to include others in our fellowship. Be prayerful about the way in which God would use you to proclaim His gospel to the nations, whether that be to people around the world or just over the fence. I look forward to seeing you at the Missions Month events!
- Sunday, March 5 | Missions Month Refreshments during SS
This Sunday, join us in the sanctuary during the Sunday School hour as Josh and Anacari Storms share with us about building the kingdom through the UMW College Ministry. Arrive a little bit early and enjoy some finger-friendly breakfast treats. Coffee and refreshments will be served in the Fireside Room courtesy of the Giddens/Storms, Kittredge/Verbosky, and Shigley Care Groups.
- Chemical and Fragrance Sensitivities There are a number of men, women, and children in our congregation who experience asthma, headaches, and nausea from fragrances and chemicals. There is no requirement to refrain from using products with fragrances at New Life in Christ Church. However, please keep these sensitivities in mind. Thank you for your consideration!
- New Women’s Bible Study begins March 7th – Come grow with us into spring as we study The Sermon on the Mount by Jen Wilkin. No homework preparation for the first class. Purchase your book here or at Lifeway. Questions? Contact Karen Melnick at email@example.com.
- Ladies’ Missions Brunch | Saturday, March 11 at 9 am We are honored to have Yashmin Clark sharing with us. Amy Auker is looking for assistance with decorations, set up, or clean up; please let Amy know as soon possible if you are able to help in this way. If you are able to bring something to share, please click here.
- As many of you know, Billy and Yashmin Clark are here from Peru with their three girls Grace, Faith and Hope. They are staying in the Manse. They arrived in the middle of the ice storm in January, and we were unable to arrange a pounding or meal delivery for them. We would like to encourage them during their visit – they will be here till mid-March. If you would
like to invite their family for a meal, you can them at firstname.lastname@example.org
Or you could make some baked goods and drop them at the Manse – our desire is to be a blessing to them so be as creative as you wish. We recommend you don’t wait till the last minute as their time with us will go by quickly.
- Invitation to Exercise and Fellowship. Want to join us for a brisk walk? A growing group of women originating from the Capitano care group walk at 1pm on weekdays when 2 or more are available. We walk the Canal Path loop (approx 3 miles) in just under one hour. We park at the CVS on Rt. 1 near the hospital. Strollers and dogs welcome! We have a group text so that we know who is coming – Let Heather O’Hara know if you’d like to be included in the group.
WMC Question of the Month:
“Who has the Lord laid on your heart to share the gospel with this month? Who shared the gospel with you?”
If you would be willing to share, please send your answers to email@example.com by the last Wed. of the month.
- Food Pantry
The food pantry needs soup and spaghetti! Any brand and size is fine. We are also in need of toiletry items (shampoo, conditioner, lotion, face soap) and hamburger/chicken/tuna helpers. Items can be dropped off in foyer in bin marked “Food Pantry.” Contact: Connie Both | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fold Bulletins
Sign up to fold bulletins after 1pm on a Friday. Takes about 2hrs (faster if you bring a friend!) Contact: Dayra Rumbaugh | email@example.com
Have a ministry need, idea for an activity, or prayer request? You can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org or find us on Facebook. Please don’t hesitate to contact us!
All for His glory,
The Women’s Ministry Committee
If you no longer wish to receive this email, please reply with “Unsubscribe” in the subject line.