The Arts Ministry will begin Tuesday, September 21, 2021 (except for TEEN DRAMA which begins Sept. 7, 2021) with a full schedule of vocal choirs, handbell choirs, and drama classes. Our goal is to teach students what it means to worship God through music and drama, in their personal lives, in the context of the church, and the world outside of our church building.
Vocal choirs teach the importance of using our voices to praise God and lead others in worship through teaching the techniques of singing and music reading and learning various styles of music.
Handbell choirs provide an opportunity to learn/strengthen music reading and play in an ensemble setting while learning to lead others in the worship of God with instruments.
Drama classes expose students to the world of theatre, build confidence through the mechanics of acting, and seek to develop community within the body of Christ.
ALL CLASSES ARE ON TUESDAYS.
The Arts ministry at New Life exists to provide music during services that enhances worship by pointing to our God and to His Word, provide opportunity for those with musical gifts to give them back to the Lord by sharing them with the congregation, provide training for those with gifts to improve their talents, and to provide Christian fellowship.
In addition to the Music and Drama groups listed below there are opportunities for vocalists and instrumentalists to present special music and offertories. A rotation of organists, pianists and sound reinforcers share those responsibilities for worship services. Each area of the Arts Ministry is open to new participants. Please contact Veronica Allison for Children’s Music, Esther Servais for theatre Arts and Jonathan Allison for all other Arts Ministry interests.
- Adult Choir – Tuesdays 7:15 – 8:30 pm (High School-Adult)
- AM Praise Team – Saturdays Various (Vocalists-Post High School)
- Sanctuary Bells – Tuesdays 6:15 – 7:15 pm (High School-Adult by audition)
- Sunday Orchestra – As Announced (All ages) (approx. 1 per month)
- Evening Praise Team – Sundays 5:00 – 5:50 pm (High School-Adult)
- Cantata Choir – (High School-Adult) Saturdays Various (1 or 2 /mo) – Christmas & Easter- (see monthly newsletter)
- Cantata Orchestra – Saturdays Various (1 or 2 /mo) – Christmas & Easter – (see monthly newsletter)
Children’s and Youth Vocal & Handbell Choirs and Drama Groups
* Choirs meet each Tuesday Sept.-May