Original Transition Plans:
April 29, 2019 – Congregation votes to select the session of New Life in Christ Church as the pulpit committee with the intention to implement the plan described in the above “Session’s Letter to the Congregation”
August 4, 2019 – Pastor Sean shares his sense of call to serve as Senior Pastor of New Life in Christ Church and answers questions. Audio of this meeting is available online: https://www.nlicc.org/sermons/pastor-seans-call-and-interview-questions/. It is also available as a podcast on Apple if you subscribe to us.
Pastor Sean’s written answers to questions from congregation:
- Pastor Sean’s Testimony of his original conversation
- Pastor Sean’s early growth how he was first convinced of the truth of Reformed theology
- How God called Pastor Sean into the pastoral ministry.
- Question: “From some of your participation in different events in the community, it seems that diversity in the church is important to you. Do you have any plans for how to increase the diversity in our own church body?”
- Question: “What are your views on the purpose and role of corporate worship? Is there anything you would want to change about our church’s current style, etc?” and “What are your views on styles of church music?”
- Question: “How would you describe women’s roles, as unique from men’s roles, in marriage and in the church?” and “What are your views of women in the church?”
- Question: “It would seem from current trajectory in America, that Christians will likely face greatly increased persecution over the next few decades. How would you as a pastor prepare the church for that?”
September 4, 2019 – Congregation to vote to receive Pastor Doug’s resignation as Senior Pastor; Congregation to vote on Pastor Sean to be Senior Pastor of New Life in Christ Church
November 2, 2019 – Celebration Dinner for Pastor Doug and Mary Jane Kittredge
November 3, 2019 (contingent on congregational vote of 9/4/19) – Installation Service for Pastor Sean and Pastor Doug
January 1, 2020 – Pastor Sam begins role as paid pastoral staff