New Life in Christ Weekender
A short reminder of events happening this weekend.
From Pastor Doug’s Letter to the Church in the December Newsletter:
Dear Brothers and Sisters in Christ,
The angels proclaimed to the shepherds in Bethlehem, “Do not be afraid, for behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which will be to all people”.(Luke 2:10).
The command our God gives to us most frequently in the Bible is “Do not be afraid.” As we live through times of great change in our own nation and hear of was in other countries it is easy to be afraid of these uncertain times. Yet it is rear that motivated the children of Israel to forsake the Lord and trust in idols.
They reasoned, “What if God can’t take care of us and provide for us?” Idolatry flows from that anxiety to cover all one’s bases so that we and our families have enough food and security. We must not forget that the greatest threat to our soul as Jesus explains in the parable of the sower in Matthew 13:22 is “the cares of the world and the deceitfulness of riches that choke the Word of God in our lives.
Jesus coming into the world at Christmas assures us of His presence so that we need not fear the future. He has promised that in this world you will have trouble but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world. In me you will find peace.
May the peace of Jesus Christ bless and comfort you and your family this season of the year and as we pass into the New Year.
As we worship and serve our Lord together at New Life In Christ Church I find the Lord’s presence comforts me and my family with the peace only Jesus can give. Thank you for the joy of fellowshipping together in Christ’s church.
May the Lord richly bless you this Christmas season.
In His joy,
- 9 AM – Christmas Cantata Choir and Orchestra Rehearsal
- 10 AM – Youth Rake Day
- 1 PM – Rachel Fleming Baby Shower – Join Rachel Fleming to prepare and celebrate the coming of her baby. The shower will be in the Fireside Room at New Life in Christ Church
- Sunday School – 9 AM (NEW SUNDAY SCHOOL CLASSES BEGIN THIS WEEK – see our web page for a list of classes)
- Worship Service – 10 AM – First Sunday in Advent – Pastor Doug Preaching
- Youth Leaders Meeting – 4:30 PM
- Evening Service – 6 PM – Children’s Christmas Program. Come and hear how our covenant children are learning and growing during their annual Christmas Program. It will be a great time of music and joy as we look forward to Christmas Day.
- Junior and Senior High Youth Groups – Sunday at 7 PM
- Come to Pray – Corporate Prayer at 7 PM.