- Upcoming Events and Worship Plan for June 21, 2020
- Parenting Class Starting July 1
Upcoming Events and Worship Plan for June 21, 2020
- 8 AM Mens Breakfast – Hero of Heroes –
- John Miller Speaking
- Meeting at the Pavilion
- Sunday school Class Available Online – “The Safest Place” A Book Study of Jonah
- 8:30 am – First Service (No Livestream)
- 9:45-10:15 Cleaning
- 10:30 Second Service
- Livestream: www.nlicc.org/watchlive
- SAFE ROOM AVAILABLE for ELEVATED HEALTH CONCERNS (Click Here for Information) – RSVP with Pastor Sam (email@example.com)
- PLEASE NOTE: The Second Service is more full than the first. Please be ready to work with our ushers to find a seat that complies with our social distancing standards. We plan to use the Fireside Room in the case of overflow.
- 6 PM – Evening Service (LIVE and Livestream): SKip Tyler Preaching – Gospel of Mark
- Items of Note:
- Do I need to wear a mask? Find our Policy Here (Document: 5/28/2020)
- If you haven’t seen it yet, or have questions, here is our Sunday Worship Plan (Document: 5/28/2020)
- Link to our Phase 1 Ministry and Building Use Plan
- 5 pm – Prayer Meeting by Zoom (Link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/770719915)
Parenting Class Online, Starting July 1, 2020
Instructing a Child’s Heart
A Summer Bible Study
based on the book by Tedd and Margy Tripp
Taught by Pastor Sean Whitenack
An 8-Week Class Starting July 1
WHERE? Meet by Zoom
Link to Meeting: Please RSVP with Pastor Sean (firstname.lastname@example.org)
“Keep your heart with all vigilance, for from it flow the springs of life.” (Proverbs 4:23)
The key to instructing our children is not focusing on their mind, but their heart. The Bible speaks of the heart as the center of our being and it, like the mind, is capable of reasoning.
As parents, our calling is to impress truth upon the hearts of our children. Our goals must be greater than impressing the right data upon our children so they can be successful in the world’s eyes. We want them to be successful in God’s eyes. Instead of merely preparing them for college, we ought to be preparing them for serving in God’s kingdom.
We are usually content just having practical tips to help us parent. But tips and formulas are not sufficient for preparing our children. They need truth deeply embedded in their hearts. We have a few years to impress those Biblical truths upon them.
In this class, we are going to learn and apply “formative instruction” to the training of our children. Formative instruction is the deliberate process God calls us to in teaching our children about what to believe, how to think from the Scriptures, and how to live. Formative instruction ‘forms’ or ‘shapes’ our children. It is not a single event, but a lifetime of interaction that is based on God’s revelation.
We have a great opportunity ahead. It is not easy. It is work. It will require you to deny yourself, to take up your cross and follow Jesus. None of us, including the instructor, have it down or consistently do things right. But in this class, we will learn a biblical paradigm and endeavor, by God’s grace, to instruct the hearts of our children in the ways of God.
And we believe, as we do, that we will “point them to the greatest joy and happiness they can experience—delighting in God and the goodness of his ways.”
How I will structure this class:
Each week I will build an interactive teaching time based upon the book. See the outline below to see what we will be covering each week.
You don’t have to read the book to be able to participate.
However, you will get the most out of our time by reading the book during the course of the class. You can read it week to week, all at once, or in big chunks, but why not commit to reading the book over the next three months? You will not regret it.
- Pastoral Letter (5/29/20) – Prayer; Masks; On Shibbloths; Schedules and Links
- PASTORAL LETTER (5/21/20) – NEW SERMON SERIES; WORSHIP PLAN; MINISTRY PLAN AND BUILDING USE
- PASTORAL LETTER (5/14/20) REOPENING PLAN
- PASTORAL LETTER (5/8/20) NEW SERMON SERIES; REOPENING UPDATE
- A TIME TO UPROOT FROM PASTOR SAM ON 5/6/2020
- DEALING WITH THE SOURCE OF ANXIETY from Pastor Sean
- A TIME TO BUILD FROM PASTOR SAM ON 4/28/2020
- DEALING WITH FEAR OF CHANGE (PASTORAL LETTER AND WORSHIP PLAN – APRIL 25, 2020)
- A TIME TO SHUN EMBRACING FROM PASTOR SAM ON 4/21/2020
- “HOW CAN I HELP?” SOME WAYS NLIC HELPS PEOPLE IN NEED – FROM PASTOR SEAN (4/17/20)
- “IT’S FRIDAY, SUNDAY’S A-COMIN” … BUT WHAT ABOUT SATURDAY? (SUNDAY WORSHIP INFO FROM PASTOR SEAN) – 4/10/2020
- A TIME TO MOURN – FROM PASTOR SAM ON 4/8/2020
- WHAT IS GOD DOING? MORE THAN YOU KNOW! (SUNDAY WORSHIP INFO FROM PASTOR SEAN) – 4/4/2020
- BY THE RIVERS OF BABYLON – THE LORD’S SUPPER AND OUR HOME EXILE – FROM PASTOR SEAN ON 4/2/20
- FROM PASTOR SAM: HE IS NO FOOL (4/1/2020)
- Pastoral Newsletter- Resurrection: From Despair to Hope this Easter