New Life in Christ Weekender
A short reminder of events happening this weekend
[Scroll down for a list of events this weekend.]
Dear New Life in Christ Family,
At New Life in Christ Church we are building the Kingdom through Training Leaders. One big way we accomplish this is through our Sunday school classes where we can learn about our faith and how to live it out in our world.
Are you planning to attend one of our classes? Here is a list of the classes we have starting this Sunday at 9 AM. Every one of them will stimulate you in your Christian life.
Membership: Covenant of Discipleship
Taught by Pastor Doug Kittredge
Are you interested in joining New Life in Christ Church? In this class Pastor Doug will cover the core convictions of the church, our structure as you prepare to make a public profession of your faith.
Taught by Sam Capitano and George Giddens
Starting with creation and continuing through the entire book of Genesis, we will see how God chose a group of people to be a blessing to the world and we will learn what bearing that has on us today. Knowing the message of Genesis will deepen your understanding of the whole Bible and thus deepen your enjoyment of God, strengthening your faith and walk with the Lord. This class is perfect for someone whose who want to be challenged to go more in depth in their study of Scripture or for those who feel they are just getting acquainted with the Bible.
Christian Theology: Worldviews
Taught by Larry Plating and Robert Williams
In this class we will learn to liberate those captured in 21st century strongholds. We will look at, compare and contrast the six major worldviews competing for our attention in a world of evil philosophies and ideas.
Nancy Pearcy wrote, “The driving force in worldview studies should be a commitment ‘to love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, strength, and mind’ (Luke 10:27). That’s why the crucial condition for intellectual growth is spiritual growth, asking God for the grace to ‘take every thought captive to obey Christ’” (2 Corinthians 10:5). “One way we acknowledge God’s Lordship is by interpreting every aspect of creation in light of His truth.”
Christian Living: Resolving Everyday Conflict
DVD curriculum facilitated by Greg Baughman, Jay Storms, and Kim Lorei
In this class we will learn practical biblical guidance for conflict resolution to experience true, life-changing reconciliation with family, coworkers and fellow believers. Peacemakers draw continually on the goodness and power of Jesus Christ, and then they bring his love, mercy, forgiveness, strength, and wisdom to the conflicts of daily life.
Christian Practice: Evangelism: Words in Season
Taught by Pastor Sean, Robin Wilson, Sammie Asirifi-Addo
Jesus has told us to share our faith with other. Why don’t we do it more than we do? In this class we will gain a gospel-saturated perspective for sharing the gospel of Jesus Christ. We have a great responsibility and a great privilege to share the good news of the gospel. How can we share the gospel of Jesus Christ in a way consistent with the good gifts God provides? While the message does not change, our ability to convey it does. With weekly discussion and periodic activities, this class will provide an avenue to help you understand why and how you can witness to the gospel for the glory of God. If you want to read ahead, pick up a copy of Leon Brown’s book Words in Season online or order it from the church office.
Hope you are able to join one of our classes.
- Sign up for directory photos online – https://kittcreative.youcanbook.me/
What I’m Reading
- Evangelism and the Sovereignty of God by JI Packer – a classic book that answers the question, “If God is sovereign in choosing who will be saved, why should we evangelize?” I’ve found the book encouraging in helping me evangelize more.
- Words in Season by Leon Brown – I am using this book to teach a Sunday school on evangelism … how to share your faith. It is an encouraging book in getting out and sharing the gospel.
- The Exemplary Husband by Stuart Scott – I just started reading this. I’m encouraged by this manual for husbands who want to follow Jesus.
- Why We Feel Shame by Jeremy Pierre | Shame is universal to the human experience. There is a Biblical answer for it.
- The Gospel and Personal Evangelism by Mark Dever – A very encouraging book that will help you share your faith with greater boldness. I like how it also reminds us of God’s sovereignty in evangelism.
- 4 PM – Directory photos until 8 PM
- 5 PM – Junior High Cookout and Game Night at the Lorei’s.
- 7 PM – Moses Auditions until 9 PM
- 7:30 PM – Creation Club – Creation Not Confusion, Part 2 – This meeting will feature a DVD titled “Creation Not Confusion”; it is the second of in two part series. The focus of the series is on understanding our culture and apologetics. Part 2 is subtitled “Using the Tools of Truth.”
- 8:00 am – Men’s Breakfast – Pastor Sean is Speaking
- 9 AM – 12 noon – Auditions for Spring Musical – Moses and the Burning Within
- 9:30 AM – AM Praise Team Rehearsal
- 2 PM – Bridal Shower for Anacari Jankowski (at the Lorei’s)
- 6 PM – Orientation Dinner – Would you like to get acquainted with New Life in Christ Church? Want to hear our vision, our ministries, and our history? The Orientation Dinner is a time to get a taste of New Life. If you are a recent visitor to New Life in Christ Church or have a friend who has recently attended the church, and you would like to attend this meal, let the church office know. We always appreciate help in this ministry if you would like to practice biblical hospitality.
- 9:00 AM – Children’s and Adult Sunday School Classes. New adult classes start today. Find out more about the classes online here.
- 10:00 AM – AM Worship Service –Pastor Doug Preaching.
- 12 PM – Peru Mission Team Meeting (room 219)
- 4:30 PM – 40th Anniversary Celebration Planning Committee
- 6:00 pm – Evening Service – Bob Rumbaugh Preaching
- 7:00 pm –Junior/Senior High Youth Discipleship
- 7:00 pm – Elder-led Prayer Time this week – Chris Garcia Leading