I shortened this email so you could more quickly find what you are looking for.
Upcoming Events via Livestream (www.nlicc.org/watchlive)
This Sunday (5/1/20)
- 9 am – Sunday School (Streaming): Bob Rumbaugh – The Apostles’ Creed
- 10 am – Worship Service: Pastor Sean Whitenack preaching (Live Stream)
- 4 pm – Youth Discipleship Group (look for Zoom Link from Jay Storms)
- Evening Word & Fellowship: Skip Tyler Teaching (at 6:00 pm via Zoom) https://zoom.us/j/434779132; Also available by Live Stream
MONDAY: Day of Prayer and Fasting – Meet for Prayer from 5-6 PM on Zoom:https://zoom.us/j/770719915
Inviting Others to Church
The world has a greater need than ever before. Take this time to invite two other people to join our streaming service? All you need to do is to send them a link to our Watch Live page (www.nlicc.org/watchlive/). So many people could use the encouragement. It doesn’t even matter where they live as they could be halfway around the world and still join in. Just tell them we start at 10 am (Eastern)!
Dealing with the Source of Anxiety
Dear New Life in Christ Church Family,
[Jesus said,] “Peace I leave with you;
my peace I give to you.
Not as the world gives do I give to you.
Let not your hearts be troubled,
neither let them be afraid.”
In the pursuit of joy and peace the most helpful thing we can do to find it is to contemplate the glory of Jesus Christ. Fixing our thoughts on Christ is God’s provision of rest, contentment and satisfaction, and He gives it to us as the best solution to our anxious feelings.
PS. If you have specific needs, please let us know (email@example.com || 540-786-4848) so that we can pray for you and offer any practical help. Our elders are available as are our deacons (https://goo.gl/forms/wZ8miuU2BptSmOtG3). Please be aware of your neighbors needs, especially the elderly and vulnerable. We are here for you.
Questions about Reopening for Worship?
Invitation: May 10, 2020 Drive-In Service (Link)
Join us May 10
for a “Drive-in” Worship service
in the church parking lot
** Live Stream will also be available **
How it works:
- Drive to the church parking & let our ushers direct you
- You MUST have a car radio to hear the service
- We aim to keep our service around one hour
- Livestream is available but will have a delay
- Please stay in your car and practice physical distancing
- Singing: Either print song sheets at home or get from an usher
- Offerings: Ushers will be available to receive drive-up offerings
- We will have ushers
Requests from you:
- Plan to arrive 15 minutes early
- As much as you can, use one car per household
- Please stay in cars. We witness by honoring distancing rules
- Restrooms: Open for emergencies only. Please plan to not use
- Invitation: Please invite friends and family to attend
- Engine: If you park near the camera, please turn engine off
- Kids: Bring snacks, use bathroom before you come
Psalm 17:15 – “As for me, I shall behold your face in righteousness;
when I awake, I shall be satisfied with your likeness.”
We are working this plan with state laws, local law enforcement, and our church officers and doorkeepers to make the drive-in service safe and worshipful.
We invite you to drive up, remain socially distant, and worship the Lord as His gathered people. If you choose not to, please continue to participate in corporate worship via livestream.
Preparing for Sunday Worship
Hymns for the week: #115 “All Creatures of Our God and King” (vss. 1, 5); #134 “God Will Take Care of You” (vss. 1, 3)
- A TIME TO BUILD FROM PASTOR SAM ON 4/28/2020
- DEALING WITH FEAR OF CHANGE (PASTORAL LETTER AND WORSHIP PLAN – APRIL 25, 2020)
- A TIME TO SHUN EMBRACING FROM PASTOR SAM ON 4/21/2020
- “HOW CAN I HELP?” SOME WAYS NLIC HELPS PEOPLE IN NEED – FROM PASTOR SEAN (4/17/20)
- “IT’S FRIDAY, SUNDAY’S A-COMIN” … BUT WHAT ABOUT SATURDAY? (SUNDAY WORSHIP INFO FROM PASTOR SEAN) – 4/10/2020
- A TIME TO MOURN – FROM PASTOR SAM ON 4/8/2020
- WHAT IS GOD DOING? MORE THAN YOU KNOW! (SUNDAY WORSHIP INFO FROM PASTOR SEAN) – 4/4/2020
- BY THE RIVERS OF BABYLON – THE LORD’S SUPPER AND OUR HOME EXILE – FROM PASTOR SEAN ON 4/2/20
- FROM PASTOR SAM: HE IS NO FOOL (4/1/2020)
- Pastoral Newsletter- Resurrection: From Despair to Hope this Easter