Here is an excerpt from our retreat speaker, Tamra Corbeau’s blog “Fearlessly Following the Father“:
It’s important to understand that “fearlessly following the Father” is a calling I pursue, not an achievement. In fact, I have struggled with fear in so many forms, I’m practically guaranteed an endless supply of blog fodder. Some of my fears are rational, others are laughable, but I suspect you and I have a few in common.
Fear stems from an insidious deception that denies God’s sovereignty and rejects His love. Fear whispers that God is limited and indifferent, that He is unworthy of our trust. Fear convinces us that it’s all up to us, and provokes us to frantically push God aside and try in vain to control everything ourselves.
As God has challenged me to lay down my fears and simply walk in faithful obedience, my fears have been exposed as distractions and stumbling blocks. When we discount or second-guess God, we distance ourselves from him and limit our potential.
Do I sometimes tremble? Absolutely. Do I still worry? Too often. Do I need to confess my lack of faith before the throne of God? Almost everyday. However, none of my fears can change the truth of who God is and who I am in Him. Step by step, God is teaching me to fearlessly follow after Him, and I’ve tasted too much of His faithfulness to turn back now. Will you come with me?
“‘Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine.'” -Isaiah 43:1b
Important Women’s Retreat Information
- “Daughters of the King” NLICC Women’s Retreat will be May 3rd-5th at Camp Overlook in the mountains near Harrisonburg.
- $120 covers all meals in hotel-style accommodations, four to a room.
- There will be a table in the Foyer this Sunday and next to make final payment and sign up for rooms and carpooling.
- There is still room available on the retreat, all ladies 13 and up are invited.
- Looking forward to a weekend away as Daughters of the King
Women’s Breakfast April 20th at 9:00am
Bring a friend and something to share and hear Debra Smith talk about ministry to the Afghan people group abroad and here in our own community. Note the time change to 9:00 instead of 8:30am. We’ll meet in the Fireside Room.