Scroll down for Current Announcements
Lesson in a Windshield Wiper
By Frances Sexton
“He who has ears to hear, let him hear.” Matthew 11:15
It was a rainy day and we were on the way to the Commissary (grocery store for the military). Ryan asked, “Mommy, who keeps saying, ‘Look, look, look’?”
I responded, “No one.” He insisted he heard someone saying it and then I, too, listened—it’s the windshield wipers. I had tuned out the sound.
How often does the Holy Spirit speak, but only one or a few even bother to listen? How often do we tune Him out as we focus on the immediate task, goal, or crisis? And how often is the Spirit telling us what Ryan heard—“Look, look, look”—but we never hear let alone respond?
Jesus said we must come as little children. Oh the things we learn if we will let go of the things we think are so important and really live as His children.
“Incline you ear and hear the words of the wise.” Proverbs 22:17a
Happy Mothers Day!
- Hallmark would have us believe it’s always a fairy tale day. Here’s an article by Elyse Fitzpatrick for all women, mothers or not, that grounds us in truth whether Mothers Day lives up to the hype or not: Happy Daughter’s Day Enjoy basking in the truth of who you are!
- Again, a big thank you to Tamra Corbeau for preparing such wonderful teaching, to Connie Both for the logistics and for finding such a fabulous place, and to our worship team for leading us in worship to our Father and King.
- A pink sweater was left at Blessings Lodge – Contact Connie Both if it is yours.
- As Sharon challenged us “I need to hear your stories!” Contact Annie Jedick if you are willing to share your redemption story, what the retreat meant to you, or what the Spirit is prompting you to share. We are encouraged in community…
- We’ll share our stories of the retreat over breakfast this month on May 18 at 9:00am, bring a friend with you!
- Tamra will present her “Royal Wardrobe” talk at next month’s breakfast on June 15th
Women’s Ministry Training – this Saturday, May 11, at 10am, Room 219
- Eileen Roberts is leading, Read Chapters 4 and 5 of Women’s Ministry in the Local Church
Women’s Breakfast – next Saturday, May 18th at 9am in the Fireside Room
- Come and bring a friend, daughter, mother, and something to share.
- We’ll have an informal time of sharing stories from the retreat to build up those who could not come – reflect on what you learned, and share!
Women’s Ministry Committee Meeting changed to next Saturday, May 18th after the Women’s Breakfast
- Share with others what God has done in your life, what He has taught you, how He has challenged or changed you. We’d love to share your story as a part of our Update! Contact Heather or Annie Jedick to get on the schedule.
in His grace,
for the Women’s Ministry Committee